KEJ Yoga classes last 60 minutes, and comprise of a warm-up mixing Hatha and Kundalini Yoga styles leading to a Vinyasa flow, followed by classical Hatha Yoga asanas (postures), combined with Pranayama (breathing). Classes end with a very soothing relaxation or meditation practice.
To get the most out of your Yoga sessions, whether you’re attending a class or 1-2-1 Private Tuition, here are some tips to help you:
What to wear and bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to move freely, and will not restrict your waist. Top Tip: Don’t wear anything too loose as this may rise up when bending over!
- There are changing facilities at all KEJ Yoga venues.
- Yoga blocks and belts are provided, but please bring your own Yoga mat.
- Classes should be taken barefoot, unless you have socks with grips.
- A throw or blanket is recommended to keep the body warm during relaxation.
- You may wish to bring a bottle of water but all venues have fully equipped kitchens.
Preparing for practice:
- On your first session, you will be required to complete a simple Health form so please arrive 5 minutes early as not to delay the class.
- Try not to eat or drink too heavily before class, as this may make you feel uncomfortable.
- This is probably the most important guideline: use common sense with regard to preventing injuries. Use modifications that are provided for the difficult positions and exercises and reduce the movement if you feel you are risking injury. Do a particular exercise to suit your pace.
- If you are taking prescription medication, or are under medical supervision you should check with your healthcare provider before attending KEJ Yoga classes.
- Please remember to speak to your teacher if anything changes on your Health Form.
- For your first class Yoga session, please arrive at least 5 minutes early. You will be asked to complete a simple Health Form. We can discuss at this point any concerns you may have and any areas you would like to focus on before the class starts.
- For all our practitioners’ comfort, classes are capped at 15 so pre-booking is advised. Mats are only available for those wishing to try their first session. These will be given on a first reserve basis.
- For block bookings of 4 weeks, if you fail to attend your appointment we will charge you the full cost of the missed session. Unfortunately, sessions cannot be carried over.
- Do silence or turn off your mobile phone so as not to disturb yourself or others.
- Doors are locked for safety reasons, so if you are running late don’t worry, please call the teacher to be let into the class.